on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Dube family come from? What is the French Dube family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dube family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dube family history?The prestigious surname Dube comes from the region of Provence, in France. The surname Dube is of local origin, and is therefore a type of hereditary surname. Local surnames are derived either from an already existing place-name or from a local feature of the geography.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dube, Dubet, Dubais, Dubé, Dubée, Dubaie, Duber, Dubey, Dubay, Dubbe, Dubbet, Dubbais, Dubbée, Dubbé, Dubbaie, Dubber, Dubbey, Dubbay and many more.
First found in Provence where this esteemed family has held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dube research. Another 142 words(10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dube History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Dube Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dube Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Crisbian Dube, aged 52, who settled in New York in 1852
- Hein Dube, aged 14, who settled in America in 1852
- Johan Dube, aged 25, who settled in New York in 1852
- Johann Dube who settled in Texas in 1854
- Michael Dube who settled in Texas in 1854
- Joe Dube (b. 1944), American Olympic weightlifter
- Christian Dube (b. 1978), Canadian former National Hockey League player
- Jessica Dubé (b. 1987), Canadian figure skater, three-time Canadian national champion
- Jean-Eudes Dube (b. 1926), Canadian lawyer, politician and Judge of the Federal Court of Canada, Ottawa
- Madeleine "Mado" Dubé (b. 1961), Canadian social worker and politician, MLA for Edmundston-Saint Basile, Edmundston from 1999 to 2006
- Fernand G. Dubé QC (1928-1999), Canadian lawyer and provincial politician Minister of Commerce & Technology (1985-1987), Minister of Justice (1982-1985) and Minister of Finance (1978-1982)
- Matthew Dubé MP (b. 1988), Canadian politician, Member of the Canadian Parliament for Chambly—Borduas (2011-)
- Normand G. Dubé (b. 1951), Canadian retired NHL ice hockey player who played 57 games
- Antoine Dubé (b. 1947), Canadian politician, Member of Parliament for Lévis-et-Chutes-de-la-Chaudière from 1993 to 2003
- Marcel Dubé OC (b. 1930), Canadian playwright, two-time recipient of the Governor General's Award
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
The Dube Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dube Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 February 2015 at 20:34.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more