(Gaelic: Siorrachd Chlach Mhannainn), nicknamed the “wee county,” it is the smallest Council Area of
in the town of Dallar. The name was first recorded in
in the 14th century when Matthew Dollar was recorded at an inquest in 1316 at Kirkcaldy.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dollarhide research.Another 73 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dollarhide History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
of this family name include: Dollar, Doller, Dolar, Doler, Dollare, Dollour and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: the name represented in many forms and recorded from the mid 17th century in the great migration from Europe. Migrants settled in the eastern seaboard from Newfoundland, to Maine, to Virginia, the Carolinas, and to the islands..