Denk History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Denk was a baptismal name meaning "the son of Daniel." It was originally formed by the addition of the suffix "kin" onto the pet name Dan, to create Dankin. As was typically with this type of name, the suffix "kin" was shortened over time into "kys" and "ks." Thus, Dankin often became Dankys or Danks.
Early Origins of the Denk family
The surname Denk was first found in Gloucestershire, when Gunnild Danekin was documented during the reigns of Henry III and Edward I. Adam and Richard Dankyn were recorded in the Subsidy Rolls of 1327. 
Important Dates for the Denk family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Denk research. Another 77 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1401, 1424, 1501, 1551, 1674 and 1572 are included under the topic Early Denk History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Denk Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dankin, Dankyn, Dankins, Dankys, Danks, Danke, Dankes, Denk, Denke and many more.
Early Notables of the Denk family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Denk Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Denk migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Denk Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Denk Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- August Denk, aged 19, who immigrated to the United States, in 1896
- Andres Denk, aged 44, who immigrated to the United States, in 1897
- Adolf Denk, aged 27, who settled in America from London, in 1898
Denk Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Adolf Denk, aged 6, who landed in America, in 1907
- Edward Denk, aged 33, who immigrated to America from London, England, in 1907
- Cahugust Denk, aged 54, who landed in America, in 1908
- Annie Denk, aged 19, who settled in America, in 1909
- Alois Denk, aged 31, who landed in America from Wien, Austria, in 1911
Contemporary Notables of the name Denk (post 1700)
- Tyler Denk (b. 1976), American male model
- Jeremy Denk (b. 1970), American classical pianist
- Gustav Denk (1915-1943), German Luftwaffe ace and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross during World War II
- Paula Denk (1908-1978), German actress
- Winfried Denk (b. 1957), German physicist and neurobiologist
You May Also Like
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)