on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Deleon family come from? What is the Spanish Deleon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Deleon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Deleon family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leon, Leoni, Leone, Leonelli, Leonetti, Leonie and many more.
First found in Leon, where the name originated in Visigothic times. One of the first records of the surname was Moses de León (c. 1250-1305), a Spanish rabbi and Kabbalist who is thought of as the composer or redactor of the Zohar. And much later, most people know of Juan Ponce de León (1474-1521), the Spanish explorer and conquistador and his association with the legend of the Fountain of Youth.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deleon research. Another 333 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1509, 1590, 1549, 1533, 1608, 1474, 1521, 1524, 1591, 1520, 1584, 1527, 1591, 1602, 1658, 1610, 1687, 1749 and 1830 are included under the topic Early Deleon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 231 words (16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deleon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deleon Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Abraham Deleon, who landed in Georgia in 1741
Deleon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso DeLeon, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Bartolome DeLeon, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Diego DeLeon, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Felipe DeLeon, who arrived in Dominican Republic in 1835
- Hernando DeLeon, who landed in Veragua in 1835
- Millie DeLeon (1873-1922), stage name of American burlesque dancer Millie Lawrence
- Walter DeLeon (1884-1947), American screenwriter who wrote for 66 films between 1912 and 1953
- Alexander Michael DeLeon (b. 1989), American songwriter and lead singer for the Las Vegas pop rock band, The Cab
- Jack DeLeon (1924-2006), American actor, best known for his role as Marty Morrison on the television series Barney Miller from 1975 to 1982
- Nicholas Lee "Nick" DeLeon (b. 1990), American soccer player
- Idalis DeLeón (b. 1966), American actress, singer, and television host
- Carlos De Leon (b. 1959), nicknamed Sugar De Leon, a Puerto Rican former boxer
- Steve DeLeon, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Texas State House of Representatives 90th District, 1996
- Linda DeLeon, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1996
- Frances Granada DeLeon, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 2004
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Deleon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Deleon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 October 2015 at 09:36.
on orders of $85 or more