100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Deleon family come from? What is the Spanish Deleon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Deleon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Deleon family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leon, Leoni, Leone, Leonelli, Leonetti, Leonie and many more.
First found in Leon, where the name originated in Visigothic times. One of the first records of the surname was Moses de León (c. 1250-1305), a Spanish rabbi and Kabbalist who is thought of as the composer or redactor of the Zohar. And much later, most people know of Juan Ponce de León (1474-1521), the Spanish explorer and conquistador and his association with the legend of the Fountain of Youth.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deleon research. Another 333 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1509, 1590, 1549, 1533, 1608, 1474, 1521, 1524, 1591, 1520, 1584, 1527, 1591, 1602, 1658, 1610, 1687, 1749 and 1830 are included under the topic Early Deleon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 231 words(16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deleon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deleon Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Abraham Deleon, who landed in Georgia in 1741
Deleon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso DeLeon, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Bartolome DeLeon, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Diego DeLeon, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Felipe DeLeon, who arrived in Dominican Republic in 1835
- Hernando DeLeon, who landed in Veragua in 1835
- Daniel De Leon (1852-1914), American, born in Curaçao, socialist and founder of the Industrial Workers of the World
- Carlos De Leon (b. 1959), nicknamed Sugar De Leon, a Puerto Rican former boxer
- Idalis DeLeón (b. 1966), American actress, singer, and television host
- Nicholas Lee "Nick" DeLeon (b. 1990), American soccer player
- Jack DeLeon (1924-2006), American actor, best known for his role as Marty Morrison on the television series Barney Miller from 1975 to 1982
- Alexander Michael DeLeon (b. 1989), American songwriter and lead singer for the Las Vegas pop rock band, The Cab
- Walter DeLeon (1884-1947), American screenwriter who wrote for 66 films between 1912 and 1953
- Millie DeLeon (1873-1922), stage name of American burlesque dancer Millie Lawrence
- José María Quiñones de León, Spanish diplomat
- Alberto Ponce de León (b. 1916), Argentine poet
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Deleon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Deleon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 April 2015 at 23:03.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!