on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Deleon family come from? What is the Spanish Deleon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Deleon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Deleon family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leon, Leoni, Leone, Leonelli, Leonetti, Leonie and many more.
First found in Leon, where the name originated in Visigothic times. One of the first records of the surname was Moses de León (c. 1250-1305), a Spanish rabbi and Kabbalist who is thought of as the composer or redactor of the Zohar. And much later, most people know of Juan Ponce de León (1474-1521), the Spanish explorer and conquistador and his association with the legend of the Fountain of Youth.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deleon research. Another 333 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1509, 1590, 1549, 1533, 1608, 1474, 1521, 1524, 1591, 1520, 1584, 1527, 1591, 1602, 1658, 1610, 1687, 1749 and 1830 are included under the topic Early Deleon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 231 words(16 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deleon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deleon Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Abraham Deleon, who landed in Georgia in 1741
Deleon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso DeLeon, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Bartolome DeLeon, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Diego DeLeon, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835
- Felipe DeLeon, who arrived in Dominican Republic in 1835
- Hernando DeLeon, who landed in Veragua in 1835
- Daniel De Leon (1852-1914), American, born in Curaçao, socialist and founder of the Industrial Workers of the World
- Carlos De Leon (b. 1959), nicknamed Sugar De Leon, a Puerto Rican former boxer
- Idalis DeLeón (b. 1966), American actress, singer, and television host
- Nicholas Lee "Nick" DeLeon (b. 1990), American soccer player
- Jack DeLeon (1924-2006), American actor, best known for his role as Marty Morrison on the television series Barney Miller from 1975 to 1982
- Alexander Michael DeLeon (b. 1989), American songwriter and lead singer for the Las Vegas pop rock band, The Cab
- Walter DeLeon (1884-1947), American screenwriter who wrote for 66 films between 1912 and 1953
- Millie DeLeon (1873-1922), stage name of American burlesque dancer Millie Lawrence
- José María Quiñones de León, Spanish diplomat
- Alberto Ponce de León (b. 1916), Argentine poet
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Deleon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Deleon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 March 2015 at 14:08.
on orders of $85 or more