Delaine History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Delaine family
The surname Delaine was first found in London where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that city.
Important Dates for the Delaine family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Delaine research. Another 167 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1463, 1455, 1487, 1664, 1584, 1654, 1608, 1659, 1728 and 1172 are included under the topic Early Delaine History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Delaine Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Delawny, Delauney, De Laune, De Lune, Delaune, Delorney, Dalorney, Deloney, Delony, De Lawny and many more.
Early Notables of the Delaine family (pre 1700)
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Delaine Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Delaine family to Ireland
Some of the Delaine family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 69 words (5 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Delaine family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Francois DeLaunay, who came to Virginia in 1700; John Delaunay, who arrived at Philadelphia in 1806; H Delauney, who arrived at Philadelphia in 1810; as well as Alexandre Delaunay, who was naturalized in the Marine Court, New York City in 1834..
Contemporary Notables of the name Delaine (post 1700)
- Delaine Frierson, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from South Carolina, 2000 
- Delaine Eastin (b. 1947), American politician, California State Superintendent of Public Instruction (1995 to 2003)
- Delaine A. Eastin, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1988, 1996, 2000 
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 30) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html