Darbonne History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Darbonne family
The surname Darbonne was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Calvados at Abenon and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility. After the invasion of England by the Normans in 1066, the name assumed D'Abernon and the scion of the house, Roger D'Abernon received many estates in England. The name eventually became Daborne in England.
Early History of the Darbonne family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Darbonne research. Another 75 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Darbonne History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Darbonne Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dabaron, Daberon, Dabernon, Daraban, Dabernone, D'Aberon, d'Aberan, D'Araban, Darbon, Darbone and many more.
Early Notables of the Darbonne family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Darbonne Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Darbonne is the 12,238th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Darbonne migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Darbonne Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Mr. Darbonne, who landed in Louisiana in 1719 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Darbonne (post 1700) ||+|
- Kelley Darbonne (b. 1973), American executive assistant and production coordinator, known for her work on Marrakech (2006), Fifth Ward (1998) and The Rose Technique (2002)
- Ryan Darbonne, American director, known for his work on Hello Optimism (2009) and The Salesman (2009)
- Amand Darbonne, French founder of Daregal, a French company producing culinary herbs in 1887
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)