Danko History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Danko was a baptismal name meaning "the son of Daniel." It was originally formed by the addition of the suffix "kin" onto the pet name Dan, to create Dankin. As was typically with this type of name, the suffix "kin" was shortened over time into "kys" and "ks." Thus, Dankin often became Dankys or Danks.
Early Origins of the Danko family
The surname Danko was first found in Gloucestershire, when Gunnild Danekin was documented during the reigns of Henry III and Edward I. Adam and Richard Dankyn were recorded in the Subsidy Rolls of 1327. 
Important Dates for the Danko family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Danko research. Another 77 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1401, 1424, 1501, 1551, 1674 and 1572 are included under the topic Early Danko History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Danko Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dankin, Dankyn, Dankins, Dankys, Danks, Danke, Dankes, Denk, Denke and many more.
Early Notables of the Danko family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Danko Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Danko migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Danko Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alaxender Danko, aged 32, who landed in America, in 1894
- Albert Danko, aged 27, who settled in America, in 1895
- And. Danko, aged 27, who landed in America, in 1897
- Andras Danko, aged 46, who immigrated to the United States, in 1897
Contemporary Notables of the name Danko (post 1700)
- Harold Danko (b. 1947), American jazz pianist
- Gary Danko, American chef
- PeopleDanny Danko, American writer and photographer
- Barbara D. Danko, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 2000 
- Taras Danko (1980-2008), Ukrainian bronze medalist wrestler at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Richard Clare "Rick" Danko (1942-1999), Canadian musician, best known as a member of The Band
- Danko Marinelli (b. 1987), Croatian Olympic alpine skier
You May Also Like
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 27) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html