Daller History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Daller family
The surname Daller was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where they were formerly seated in the barony of Saint Hilaire de Sancto Hilario. The first of the name was James de Sancto Hilario who held the castle of St. Hilaire about the year 1100. James, who was the son of Harsculf de St. James who also held the castle of St. Hilaire, was the first to adopt the name of his castle for his surname. Saint Hilaire du Harcourt is in Manche in the arrondissement of Mortain, the canton of St. Hilaire du Harcourt.
Over in Cornwall, England evidence was found of a migration there as St. Hilary is a parish of some size. "This parish is indebted for its present name to St. Hilary, bishop of Poictiers, who was driven into Phrygia for his attachment to the rectitude of faith, and invincible adherence to the doctrine of the godhead of Christ. He was banished in the year 556, but was recalled about the year 560, and died at Poietiers about six years afterwards. At what particular period this parish first assumed the name of its patron saint, is rather uncertain ; but it is known to have been distinguished by this appellation early in the fourteenth century." 
Early History of the Daller family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Daller research. Another 87 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1373, 1412, 1689 and 1770 are included under the topic Early Daller History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Daller Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: St. Hilaire, Saint Hilaire, Hilaire, St-Hillaire, Saint-Hillaire, St-Hillier, Saint-Hillier, St-Hylaire, Saint-Hylaire, St-Hilary, Saint-Hilary, D'Hilaire and many more.
Early Notables of the Daller family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Daller Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Daller migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Daller Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Doctor Daller, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1805 
- George Adam Daller, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844 
- Christian Daller, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1848 
- Johann Daller, who arrived in Ohio in 1869 
- John Daller, who landed in Cincinnati, Oh in 1869-1870 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Hutchins, Fortescue, The History of Cornwall, from the Earliest Records and Traditions to the Present Time. London: William Penaluna, 1824. Print
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)