on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Corn family come from? What is the English Corn family crest and coat of arms? When did the Corn family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Corn family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Corne, Corney, Cornie, Cornay, Cornhay, Cawney, Cawny, Corn, Cornah, Cornall and many more.
First found in Yorkshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066 as the language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that shire. They held a family seat at Low Hall. Robert Cornay held estates in 1301.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Corn research. Another 331 words(24 lines of text) covering the years 1332, 1455, 1487, 1510, and 1600 are included under the topic Early Corn History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Corn Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Corn Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Gerrit Corn settled with his wife and child in New York state in 1659
- Gerrit Corn, who arrived in New Netherland(s) in 1659
Corn Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- James Corn, aged 22, landed in Mobile County, Ala in 1839
- Anthny Corn, who landed in Tippecanoe County, Ind in 1844
- Mr. Corn, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851
- Michael Corn settled in New Castle County, Delaware in 1855
- Bernhard Corn settled in Philadelphia in 1868
- David Corn, American political journalist and author
- Alfred Corn (b. 1943), American poet and essayist
- Kenneth Corn (b. 1976), American Oklahoma Senator
- Lee Corn (b. 1951), English actor
- Christopher "Chris" Corn (b. 1986), English professional football striker
- Mr. Henry "Harry" Corn (d. 1912), aged 30, English Third Class passenger from London who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Chad Studley Corn (b. 1979), Australian rules footballer
- Kane Graham Corn (b. 1983), Australian rules football player
- Graham Studley Corn (b. 1948), former Australian rules football player and coach
- Corn Stalks and Preachers: A Story of the Corn Family by Lois Tincher Dorsey.
- The Korn (also Corn) Legacy: Two Centuries by Jean Millicent.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
The Corn Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Corn Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 December 2014 at 00:51.
on orders of $85 or more