Charlotte History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Charlotte family
The surname Charlotte was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy.
Important Dates for the Charlotte family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Charlotte research. Another 72 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1240, 1431, 1566, 1630, 1686, 1720, 1752, 1753, 1757, and 1792 are included under the topic Early Charlotte History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Charlotte Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Charle, Charles, Charlon, Carle, Carlo, Charlet, Charléty, Charlin, Charlot, Charlotte, Charley, Charlemagne, Charlemaine, Charlemont and many more.
Early Notables of the Charlotte family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family in this period was Pierre Charlot, who was elected bishop of Noyon in 1240; Gilles Charlier was elected Dean of Cambrai in 1431; Sulpicien Charlemagne was a lawyer in Bologne in 1566; Georges Charlet was a poet in 1630; François Charly of Languedoc entered as a novice with the Jesuits of Toulouse in 1686; Jaques Charlier, born in...
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Charlotte Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Charlotte family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: 350 individuals of the lineage who arrived from France onto Canadian shores between 1600 and 1900. Although most immigrated during the nineteenth century, early settlers include Jean Charlebois, who was married in Montreal in 1686.
Contemporary Notables of the name Charlotte (post 1700)
- J. C. Charlotte, American politician, Mayor of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1882-83 
- Emilie Charlotte (1853-1929), birth name of Lillie Langtry, the British actress
- Chloe Charlotte Hawthorn, British child actress, best known for her starring role as Matilda Wormwood in Matilda the Musical
- Helen Charlotte Foxcroft (1865-1950), English historian
- Ms. Tacita Charlotte Dean C.B.E., O.B.E., (b. 1965), born in Canterbury, Kent, England, English Visual Artist in film, was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire on 29th December 2018 for services to Art by her Majesty The Queen 
- Mabel Charlotte Alleyne (1896-1961), English wood engraver
- Marilyn Charlotte Jones (1927-2015), American All-American Girls Professional Baseball League pitcher and catcher who played from 1948 through 1954
- Commander Charlotte Manley LVO, OBE (b. 1957), British Chapter Clerk of St George's Chapel, Windsor since 2003, former Private Secretary and Treasurer to the Duke of York (2001-2003)
- Frances Charlotte Greenwood (1890-1977), American actress and dancer
- Madeline Charlotte Moorman Garside (1933-1991), American cellist and performance artist
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 1) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ "Birthday and New Year Honours Lists (1940 to 2019)." Issue 62507, 28 December 2018 | London Gazette, The Gazette, Dec. 2018, www.thegazette.co.uk/honours-lists