Charlotte History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Charlotte family
The surname Charlotte was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy.
Early History of the Charlotte family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Charlotte research. Another 72 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1240, 1431, 1566, 1630, 1686, 1720, 1752, 1753, 1757, and 1792 are included under the topic Early Charlotte History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Charlotte Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Charle, Charles, Charlon, Carle, Carlo, Charlet, Charléty, Charlin, Charlot, Charlotte, Charley, Charlemagne, Charlemaine, Charlemont and many more.
Early Notables of the Charlotte family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family in this period was Pierre Charlot, who was elected bishop of Noyon in 1240; Gilles Charlier was elected Dean of Cambrai in 1431; Sulpicien Charlemagne was a lawyer in Bologne in 1566; Georges Charlet was a poet in 1630; François Charly of Languedoc entered as a novice with the Jesuits of Toulouse in 1686; Jaques Charlier, born in...
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Charlotte Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Charlotte migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Charlotte Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Miss. Charlotte Hodges, English convict who was convicted in Wells, Somerset, England for 7 years, transported aboard the "Baretto Junior" on 5th April 1850, arriving in Tasmania ( Van Diemen's Land) 
- Miss. Charlotte Jackson, (Davis, Caroline, Watts, Clara, Watson), English convict who was convicted in London, England for 10 years, transported aboard the "Baretto Junior" on 5th April 1850, arriving in Tasmania ( Van Diemen's Land) 
Contemporary Notables of the name Charlotte (post 1700) +
- J. C. Charlotte, American politician, Mayor of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 1882-83 
- Emilie Charlotte (1853-1929), birth name of Lillie Langtry, the British actress
- Laura Charlotte Hewitson, British-born primate researcher from Birmingham, noted for her work in the fields of reproductive biology and behavior
- Chloe Charlotte Hawthorn, British child actress, best known for her starring role as Matilda Wormwood in Matilda the Musical
- Helen Charlotte Foxcroft (1865-1950), English historian
- Ms. Tacita Charlotte Dean C.B.E., O.B.E. (b. 1965), born in Canterbury, Kent, England, English Visual Artist in film, was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire on 29th December 2018 for services to Art by her Majesty The Queen 
- Mabel Charlotte Alleyne (1896-1961), English wood engraver
- Marilyn Charlotte Jones (1927-2015), American All-American Girls Professional Baseball League pitcher and catcher who played from 1948 through 1954
- Commander Charlotte Manley LVO, OBE (b. 1957), British Chapter Clerk of St George's Chapel, Windsor since 2003, former Private Secretary and Treasurer to the Duke of York (2001-2003)
- Frances Charlotte Greenwood (1890-1977), American actress and dancer
Related Stories +