100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
Byfield History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
name Byfield comes from the family having resided in Northamptonshire, where the name is associated with the village of Byfield. In the Domesday Book
of 1086, Byfield was recorded as lands held by Hugh de Grandmesnil and Earl Hugh.
Early Origins of the Byfield family
The surname Byfield was first found in Northamptonshire, where they held a family seat
from ancient times.
Early History of the Byfield family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Byfield research.Another 355 words (25 lines of text) covering the years 1086, 1273, 1367, 1579, 1597, 1597, 1616, 1654, 1741, 1579, 1622, 1598, 1664 and 1660 are included under the topic Early Byfield History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Byfield Spelling Variations
Byfield has been spelled many different ways. Before English spelling became standardized over the last few hundred
years, spelling variations
in names were a common occurrence. As the English language changed in the Middle Ages, absorbing pieces of Latin and French, as well as other languages, the spelling of people's names also changed considerably, even over a single lifetime. Spelling variants included: Byfield, Byfeld, Byfelde, Byfild, Byfielde, Bifield and many more.
Early Notables of the Byfield family (pre 1700)
Notables of this surname at this time include: Nicholas Byfield (1579-1622), a prominent puritan minister and writer; Richard Byfield (c.1598-1664), an English clergyman, Sabbatarian controversialist, member of the... Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Byfield Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Byfield family to the New World and Oceana
In an attempt to escape the chaos experienced in England
, many English families boarded overcrowded and diseased ships sailing for the shores of North America and other British colonies. Those families hardy enough, and lucky enough, to make the passage intact were rewarded with land and a social environment less prone to religious and political persecution. Many of these families became important contributors to the young colonies in which they settled. Early immigration and passenger lists have documented some of the first Byfields to arrive on North American shores:
Byfield Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Nathaniel Byfield, who arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1674 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Byfield Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Robert Byfield who arrived in America in 1766
Byfield Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ada Byfield, aged 22, who emigrated to America, in 1905
- Catherine Byfield, aged 43, who landed in America from Birmingham, England, in 1920
- David Byfield, aged 50, who settled in America, in 1920
- Allen Byfield, aged 19, who landed in America, in 1922
- Annie Byfield, aged 31, who emigrated to the United States from London, England, in 1922
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Byfield Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Edward Byfield, aged 65, who emigrated to Toronto, Canada, in 1914
- Ada Byfield, aged 55, who settled in Ottawa, Canada, in 1922
Contemporary Notables of the name Byfield (post 1700)
- Barbara Ninde Byfield (1930-1988), née Ninde, an American author and illustrator
- Ernest Lessing "Ernie" Byfield (1890-1950), American hotelier and restaurateur who was active from the 1930s through the 1950s in Chicago, Illinois
- Darren Asherton Byfield (b. 1976), English professional footballer
- Trevor "Zig" Byfield (1943-2017), British actor, most recently known for his role as Reg in EastEnders in 2010
- Allan George Richard Byfield (b. 1913), Jamaican school teacher and politician, Senator of the West Indies Federation (1958-1962), and President of the Senate of Jamaica (1972-1980)
- Edward Bartlett "Ted" Byfield (b. 1929), Canadian journalist, publisher, and editor, founder of the "Alberta Report" and "Western Report" newsmagazines
- Bruce Byfield (b. 1958), Canadian journalist who specializes in writing about free and open source software
- Shadrack Byfield (1789-1874), British infantryman who served in the 41st Regiment during the War of 1812, best known for his memoir of his wartime experiences, "A Narrative of a Light Company Soldier's Service"
- Althea Latoya Byfield (b. 1982), Jamaican three-time bronze medalist international basketball and netball player
- Eric Linkord "Link" Byfield (1951-2015), Canadian news columnist, author and politician, founder of the Citizens Centre for Freedom and Democracy
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Byfield Family Crest Products
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!