Burleson History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the Anglo-Saxon name Burleson come from when the family resided in the village of Burleston in Dorset.
Early Origins of the Burleson family
The surname Burleson was first found in Dorset, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
Early History of the Burleson family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Burleson research. Another 207 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1086, 1500, 1633, and 1645 are included under the topic Early Burleson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Burleson Spelling Variations
The English language only became standardized in the last few centuries; therefore, spelling variations are common among early Anglo-Saxon names. As the form of the English language changed, even the spelling of literate people's names evolved. Burleson has been recorded under many different variations, including Burleson, Burleston, Burlison, Burlyson, Burlson and many more.
Early Notables of the Burleson family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Burleson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Burleson is the 2,774th most popular surname with an estimated 9,948 people with that name. 
Burleson migration to the United States +
For many English families, the political and religious disarray that shrouded England made the far away New World an attractive prospect. On cramped disease-ridden ships, thousands migrated to those British colonies that would eventually become Canada and the United States. Those hardy settlers that survived the journey often went on to make important contributions to the emerging nations in which they landed. Analysis of immigration records indicates that some of the first North American immigrants bore the name Burleson or a variant listed above:
Burleson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Hopson Burleson who arrived in Texas in 1835
- Hopson Burleson, who arrived in Texas in 1835 
- R. Burleson who arrived in San Francisco in 1856
Contemporary Notables of the name Burleson (post 1700) +
- Omar Truman Burleson (1906-1991), Texas county judge and American congressman
- Edward Burleson (1798-1851), American pioneer, soldier and politician, a senator, then vice president of the Republic of Texas
- Rick Burleson (b. 1951), American Major League Baseball player
- Albert S Burleson (1863-1937), United States Postmaster General and Congressman
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)