on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Buie family come from? What is the English Buie family crest and coat of arms? When did the Buie family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Buie family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bye, Buy, Boy, Bouie, Bluy, Buie, By, Biye, Bie and others.
First found in Berwickshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Buie research. Another 255 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1250 and 1300 are included under the topic Early Buie History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Buie Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Buie family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 195 words (14 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: James By who settled in Virginia in 1660; Sarah Bye who settled in Virginia in 1731; John Buy settled in Pennsylvania in 1682; Robert Boy settled in Boston Massachusetts in New England in 1652.
- Perry Carlton "Buddy" Buie (1941-2015), American songwriter, producer, and publisher, known for his work with Roy Orbison, The Classics IV and The Atlanta Rhythm Section
- Jarriett Buie (b. 1985), American football defensive end
- Buddy Buie, American songwriter, producer, and publisher, best known for his work with Roy Orbison
- Marc W. Buie (b. 1958), American astronomer at Lowell Observatory
- Jean Buie (b. 1962), French professional footballer
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Buie Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Buie Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 August 2015 at 13:09.
on orders of $85 or more