on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Buie family come from? What is the English Buie family crest and coat of arms? When did the Buie family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Buie family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bye, Buy, Boy, Bouie, Bluy, Buie, By, Biye, Bie and others.
First found in Berwickshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Buie research. Another 255 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1250 and 1300 are included under the topic Early Buie History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Buie Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Buie family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 195 words (14 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: James By who settled in Virginia in 1660; Sarah Bye who settled in Virginia in 1731; John Buy settled in Pennsylvania in 1682; Robert Boy settled in Boston Massachusetts in New England in 1652.
- Perry Carlton "Buddy" Buie (1941-2015), American songwriter, producer, and publisher, known for his work with Roy Orbison, The Classics IV and The Atlanta Rhythm Section
- Jarriett Buie (b. 1985), American football defensive end
- Buddy Buie, American songwriter, producer, and publisher, best known for his work with Roy Orbison
- Marc W. Buie (b. 1958), American astronomer at Lowell Observatory
- Jean Buie (b. 1962), French professional footballer
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
The Buie Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Buie Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 August 2015 at 13:09.
on orders of $85 or more