Breedlove History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Breedlove family
The surname Breedlove was first found in Edinburghshire, a former county, now part of the Midlothian council area where they held a family seat from very ancient times and can trace their origins to the extensive lands and estates of the same name south of the city of Edinburgh.
Early History of the Breedlove family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Breedlove research. Another 107 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1140, 1250, 1300, 1296, 1560, 1630, 1609 and 1619 are included under the topic Early Breedlove History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Breedlove Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Brad, Baid, Bread, Braed, Bradd, Bred, Breed, Bredd and many more.
Early Notables of the Breedlove family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family name during their early history was Sir Henry Braid; and William Brade (1560-1630) an English composer, violinist, and viola player. He moved to northern Germany where he worked for the Brandenburg court, and for King Christian IV in Copenhagen. "He was living at Hamburg on 19...
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Breedlove Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Breedlove family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: James Brade settled in New England in 1763 and James Brade arrived in Philadelphia in 1871.
Contemporary Notables of the name Breedlove (post 1700) +
- James Montgomery Breedlove (b. 1922), American Air Force major general
- Philip Mark Breedlove (b. 1955), four-star general in the United States Air Force
- Gina Breedlove, American singer and stage actress
- Charles Winchester Breedlove (1898-1934), invalided U.S. Marine, an actor and a motion picture director
- Rodney Winston Breedlove (b. 1938), former American football linebacker
- Benjamin Daniel Breedlove (1993-2011), American Internet personality
- Craig Breedlove (b. 1937), American five-time world land speed record holder
- Lynn Breedlove, American musician, writer, and performer
- Stephen Marc Breedlove (b. 1954), the American Barnett Rosenberg professor of Neuroscience at Michigan State University
- Deborah Breedlove, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from South Carolina, 2008 
- ... (Another 3 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +