Breed History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Breed family
The surname Breed was first found in Edinburghshire, a former county, now part of the Midlothian council area where they held a family seat from very ancient times and can trace their origins to the extensive lands and estates of the same name south of the city of Edinburgh.
Early History of the Breed family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Breed research. Another 107 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1140, 1250, 1300, 1296, 1560, 1630, 1609 and 1619 are included under the topic Early Breed History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Breed Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Brad, Baid, Bread, Braed, Bradd, Bred, Breed, Bredd and many more.
Early Notables of the Breed family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family name during their early history was Sir Henry Braid; and William Brade (1560-1630) an English composer, violinist, and viola player. He moved to northern Germany where he worked for the Brandenburg court, and for King Christian IV in Copenhagen. "He was living at Hamburg on 19...
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Breed Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Breed migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Breed Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Allen Breed, who arrived in Lynn, Massachusetts in 1640 
- John Breed, who landed in Lynn, Massachusetts in 1640 
- William Breed, who landed in Virginia in 1650 
Breed Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Katherine Breed, who arrived in Virginia in 1701 
Breed Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J Breed, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851 
Contemporary Notables of the name Breed (post 1700) +
- William C. Breed, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from New York, 1924 
- Robert T. Breed, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Massachusetts 7th District, 1958 
- London N. Breed, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2008 
- Leo W. Breed, American Republican politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Onondaga County 1st District, 1937-46 
- Joseph Breed, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Onondaga County 3rd District, 1863 
- John Breed, American politician, Mayor of Norwich, Connecticut, 1845 
- Hiram Nichols Breed (b. 1809), American politician, Member of Massachusetts State House of Representatives; Delegate to Massachusetts State Constitutional Convention, 1853; Mayor of Lynn, Massachusetts, 1861-62 
- Ernest Leonard Breed (b. 1862), American Republican politician, Member of Vermont State House of Representatives from Pittsford, 1910 
- Arthur H. Breed Jr., American Republican politician, Member of California State Senate, 1939-59; Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from California, 1948 
- Arthur H. Breed Sr. (1866-1953), American politician, Member of California State Senate, 1913-35; President Pro Tempore of the California State Senate, 1917-35 
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 25) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html