Bramlett History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Anglo-Saxon name Bramlett comes from the family having resided in Yorkshire where Bramley was a local name 'of Brambley,' a chapelry and village near Leeds.
Early Origins of the Bramlett family
The surname Bramlett was first found in Yorkshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Important Dates for the Bramlett family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bramlett research. Another 52 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bramlett History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bramlett Spelling Variations
Bramlett has been spelled many different ways. Before English spelling became standardized over the last few hundred years, spelling variations in names were a common occurrence. As the English language changed in the Middle Ages, absorbing pieces of Latin and French, as well as other languages, the spelling of people's names also changed considerably, even over a single lifetime. Spelling variants included: Bramley, Bramlie, Bramble, Brambley and others.
Early Notables of the Bramlett family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bramlett Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bramlett migration to the United States
In an attempt to escape the chaos experienced in England, many English families boarded overcrowded and diseased ships sailing for the shores of North America and other British colonies. Those families hardy enough, and lucky enough, to make the passage intact were rewarded with land and a social environment less prone to religious and political persecution. Many of these families became important contributors to the young colonies in which they settled. Early immigration and passenger lists have documented some of the first Bramletts to arrive on North American shores:
Bramlett Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Samuel Bramlett, aged 18, who landed in America, in 1919
- Frieda Bramlett, aged 37, who arrived at Dallas, Texas, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Bramlett (post 1700)
- Leon Crow "Lee" Bramlett Jr. (1923-2015), American farmer, businessman and politician, 1983 Republican nominee for governor of Mississippi
- John Bramlett (b. 1941), American professional AFL and NFL football player
- Delaney Bramlett (1939-2008), American singer, songwriter, and producer, co-founder of Delaney & Bonnie & Friends
- David A. Bramlett (b. 1941), retired American army general officer, Commander of U.S. Army Forces Command (1996 to 1998)
- Bonnie Bramlett (b. 1944), born Bonnie Lynn O'Farrell, American pop and rock singer, co-founder of Delaney & Bonnie & Friends
- Bekka Bramlett (b. 1968), American singer, daughter of Delaney and Bonnie Bramlett
- Aaron J. Bramlett (b. 1977), American professional basketball player
You May Also Like