on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, Italian
Where did the English Boy family come from? What is the English Boy family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boy family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boy family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bye, Buy, Boy, Bouie, Bluy, Buie, By, Biye, Bie and others.
First found in Berwickshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boy research. Another 255 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1250 and 1300 are included under the topic Early Boy History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Boy Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Boy family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 195 words(14 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boy Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Tho Boy, who landed in Virginia in 1635
- Robert Boy, who arrived in Boston, Massachusetts in 1651
- Robt Boy, who arrived in America in 1652
- Robert Boy settled in Boston Massachusetts in New England in 1652
- Thomas Boy, who arrived in America in 1654-1679
Boy Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- William Boy settled in Virginia in 1700
Boy Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ann Boy, aged 20, arrived in New York in 1854
- Augustan Boy, aged 25, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1858
Boy Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- John Boy arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Stately" in 1851
- Catherine Boy, aged 44, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Douglas" in 1873
- Mr. Gerald W J Boy, British Boy, who sailed in to battle on the HMS Prince of Wales and survived the sinking
- Louis François Boy, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
The Boy Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boy Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 February 2015 at 15:53.
on orders of $85 or more