Bertine History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The majestic country of France is the ancestral homeland of the distinguished surname Bertine. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in France were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. As well as the names of the saints of the Christian Church, many of the most common French surnames are derived from personal names of Germanic origin.They derive from the language of the Visigoths, who controlled France between the mid-5th and early 8th centuries. This surname is derived from the ancient Germanic given name Bertram, which is composed of the elements berht, which means bright, and hrabn, which means raven.
Early Origins of the Bertine family
The surname Bertine was first found in Lorraine, where the family has been traced from ancient times.
Important Dates for the Bertine family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bertine research. Another 203 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1734, 1735, 1766, 1771, 1772, 1799, 1801, 1804, 1815, 1818, 1820, 1827, 1841, and 1842 are included under the topic Early Bertine History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bertine Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bertin, Bertine, Bertain, Bertaine, Bairtin, Bairtine, Bairtain, Bairtaine, Beretin, Beretine, Beretain, Beretaine, Bertind, Bertinde, Bertaind, Bertainde, Bertins, Bairtins, Beretins, Bertinds, de Bertin, du Bertin, Berton and many more.
Early Notables of the Bertine family (pre 1700)
Notable in the family name was Louis des Balbes de Berton de Crillon (c. 1541-1615), a French soldier, called the man without fear and, by Henry IV; Claude Bertin...
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bertine Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bertine migration to Canada
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bertine Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Ms. Sarah Bertine U.E. who arrived in Port Roseway [Shelburne], Nova Scotia on October 26, 1783 was passenger number 104 aboard the ship "HMS Clinton", picked up on September 20, 1783 at East River, New York 
Contemporary Notables of the name Bertine (post 1700)
- Air Marshal Sir Bertine Entwisle Sutton KBE, CB, DSO, MC, RAF (1886-1946), British air marshal
- Bertine Lafayette, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1980, 1984, 1988 
- Bertine Fenner, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Michigan, 1960, 1964, 1972 
- Bertine Pinckney, American politician, Member of Wisconsin State Assembly, 1850; Member of Wisconsin State Senate, 1852-53 
- ^ Rubincam, Milton. The Old United Empire Loyalists List. Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc, 1976. (Originally published as; United Empire Loyalists. The Centennial of the Settlement of Upper Canada. Rose Publishing Company, 1885.) ISBN 0-8063-0331-X
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 1) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 26) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html