Beelman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The people known in ancient Scotland as the Picts were the forefathers of the Beelman family. It is a name for a bellman or town crier.
Early Origins of the Beelman family
The surname Beelman was first found in Caithness (Gaelic: Gallaibh), the northern tip of Scotland, a Norse/Viking controlled region from the 9th century, which became the Earldom of Caithness, where they had been settled from ancient times, long before the Norman Conquest in 1066.
Early History of the Beelman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beelman research. Another 73 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1398, 1505, 1663, and 1735 are included under the topic Early Beelman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beelman Spelling Variations
Although Medieval Scotland lacked a basic set of spelling rules, which meant that scribes recorded names according to their sounds it was not uncommon for the names of a father and son to be recorded differently. As a result, there are many spelling variations of Scottish single names. Beelman has been written Bellman, Beelman, Belman, Bellmon and others.
Early Notables of the Beelman family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Beelman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beelman migration to the United States +
Thousands of Scots left their home country to travel to Ireland or Australia, or to cross the Atlantic for the North American colonies. The difficult crossing was an enormous hurdle, but those who survived found freedom and opportunity in ample measure. Some Scots even fought for their freedom in the American War of Independence. This century, their ancestors have become aware of the illustrious history of the Scots in North America and at home through Clan societies and other organizations. Passenger and immigration lists show many early and influential immigrants bearing the name Beelman:
Beelman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Melchior Beelman who arrived in Philadelphia in 1738
Beelman Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John M Beelman, who landed in New York in 1834 
- Bernard Beelman, who arrived in St Clair County, III in 1844 
Contemporary Notables of the name Beelman (post 1700) +
- Claud W. Beelman (1883-1963), American architect known for his many examples of Beaux-Arts, Art Deco and Streamline Moderne style buildings
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)