Beaudin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Périgord region of France is the ancient homeland of this noble name.
Early Origins of the Beaudin family
The surname Beaudin was first found in Périgord, where this family has held a family seat since ancient times.
One of the first records of the name was Constantine Bodin ( fl. 1072-1101) who was the ruler of Duklja, from 1081 to 1101.
Early History of the Beaudin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beaudin research. Another 263 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1269, 1530, 1554, 1596, 1653, and 1654 are included under the topic Early Beaudin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beaudin Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Beaudin, Beaudain, Beaudein, Beauding, Beaudins, Beaudeins, Beaudains, Beauddin, Beauddyn, Beauddain, Beauddein, Beaudding, Beauddins, Beauddeins, Beauddains, Bodin, Bodyn, Bodain, Bodaing, Bodein, Boding, Bodins, Bodains, Boddin, Boddyn, Boddain, Boddaing, Boddein, Bodding, Boddins, Boddeins, Boddains, Baudin, Baudyn, Baudain, Baudain, Baudein, Bauding, Baudins, Baudeins, Baudains, Bauddin, Bauddyn, Bauddain, Baudding, Bauddins, Bauddeins, Bauddains, Beudin, Beudyn, Beudain, Beaudaing, Beaudein, Beaudins, Beudains, Beuddin, Beuddyn, Beuddain, Beuddain, Beuddaing, Beuddein, Beuddeins and many more.
Early Notables of the Beaudin family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the name at this time was Joseph Bodin, Counsellor of the Government and Mayor of Périgueux. Jean Bodin (1530-1596) was a French jurist, political philosopher and professor of...
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Beaudin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beaudin World Ranking
In the United States, the name Beaudin is the 12,104th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in Canada, the name Beaudin is ranked the 917th most popular surname with an estimated 5,905 people with that name.  And in Quebec, Canada, the name Beaudin is the 362nd popular surname. 
Migration of the Beaudin family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Emd Nicholas Baudin settled in Philadelphia in 1857; Jacques Baudin settled in Louisiana in 1756; Theo Baudin settled in Philadelphia in 1794; Joseph Baudin, son of Pierre and Marie-Anne Aupry married Catherine Mesnil of Qué.
Contemporary Notables of the name Beaudin (post 1700) +
- Bruce Beaudin, American superior court judge in the District of Columbia from 1984 to 1994
- Robert Beaudin, American mayor of Duluth, Minnesota (1975-1979)
- Robert Beaudin, American politician, Mayor of Duluth, Minnesota, 1975-79 
- Charles B. Beaudin, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Alger District, 1946 
- Jean Beaudin (b. 1939), Canadian (Quebecois) film director, editor and writer
Related Stories +
The Beaudin Motto +
The motto was originally a war cry or slogan. Mottoes first began to be shown with arms in the 14th and 15th centuries, but were not in general use until the 17th century. Thus the oldest coats of arms generally do not include a motto. Mottoes seldom form part of the grant of arms: Under most heraldic authorities, a motto is an optional component of the coat of arms, and can be added to or changed at will; many families have chosen not to display a motto.
Motto: Celestes metallum et fortunam virtutes supernitent
Motto Translation: Divine metal gives heavenly virtue.
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://forebears.io/surnames/
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 13) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html