Badgelor History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Badgelor is an ancient Anglo-Saxon name that was given to a person who was a young gentleman or a landowner.
Early Origins of the Badgelor family
The surname Badgelor was first found in Staffordshire, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
Important Dates for the Badgelor family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Badgelor research. Another 231 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1165, 1203, 1248, 1273, 1273, 1500, 1583, 1600, 1610, 1561, 1656 and 1586 are included under the topic Early Badgelor History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Badgelor Spelling Variations
Only recently has spelling become standardized in the English language. As the English language evolved in the Middle Ages, the spelling of names changed also. The name Badgelor has undergone many spelling variations, including Bacheller, Bachelder, Bachelor, Batchelar, Batcheler, Batchellor, Batchelor, Batchlor, Batchelder, Batcheldor, Bachelere, Bachiler, Bachilier and many more.
Early Notables of the Badgelor family (pre 1700)
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Badgelor Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Badgelor family
To escape the unstable social climate in England of this time, many families boarded ships for the New World with the hope of finding land, opportunity, and greater religious and political freedom. Although the voyages were expensive, crowded, and difficult, those families that arrived often found greater opportunities and freedoms than they could have experienced at home. Many of those families went on to make significant contributions to the rapidly developing colonies in which they settled. Early North American records indicate many people bearing the name Badgelor were among those contributors: Joseph Bachelor, who arrived in New England in 1637 and Thomas Bachellor who arrived in Virginia 1663.