Abad History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Abad family
The surname Abad was first found in the Basque region of northern Spain. Abadía, named after the town's proximity to an abandoned abbey in the next town, is a small municipality found in the province of Cáceres.
Of note was Juan de la Abadía el Viejo ( fl. 1470-1498), a Spanish painter in the gothic Spanish- Flemish style.
Early History of the Abad family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Abad research. Another 99 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 128 and 1288 are included under the topic Early Abad History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Abad Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Abad, Abbad, Abade, Abat, Abades, Abadal, Abadía, Abadia, de Abadía, de Abadia, de la Abadía, de la Abadia and many more.
Early Notables of the Abad family (pre 1700)
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Abad Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Abad is the 9,370th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in France, the name Abad is ranked the 3,995th most popular surname with an estimated 1,500 - 2,000 people with that name. 
Abad migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Abad Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Domingo Abad de Zurbano, who sailed to America in 1517
- Miguel Abad, who sailed to the Spanish Main in 1534
- Martín Abad, who sailed to Peru in 1583
Abad Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Domingo Abad, who arrived in America in 1817 
- Miguel Abad, who landed in Spanish Main in 1834 
- Antonio Abad de la Rosa, who sailed to Puerto Rico in 1850
- Antonio Abad, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1850 
- Mariano Abad, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1858 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Abad (post 1700) +
- Fausto Andres "Andy" Abad (b. 1972), American former Major League Baseball player
- Mercedes Abad (b. 1961), Spanish journalist and short story writer
- Pacita Abad (1946-2004), Filipina painter
- Carmencita Abad (b. 1933), Filipino actress
- Antonio Martínez Abad (1894-1970), Fillipino poet, fictionist, playwright and essayist from Cebu
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)