on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, Italian
Where did the English Stelly family come from? What is the English Stelly family crest and coat of arms? When did the Stelly family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Stelly family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stille, Still, Stills, Stillie, Stylle and others.
First found in Wiltshire where they held a family seat from ancient times. The name originally Stille was a tenant in Wiltshire prior to the taking of the Domesday Book in 1086 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Stelly research. Another 267 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1300, 1451, 1511, 1543, 1577, 1591, 1593, and 1608 are included under the topic Early Stelly History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 26 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Stelly Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Stelly Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Simon Stelly, who arrived in Louisiana in 1718-1724
- Jacob Stelly, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1735
- Victor Theodore "Vic" Stelly (b. 1941), American politician and businessman, Member of Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education (2007-), eponym and developer of the Stelly Plan
- Joel Stelly (b. 1984), former American NFL football player for the Chicago Bears
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
The Stelly Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Stelly Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 September 2013 at 08:14.
on orders of $85 or more