Early Origins of the Starritt family
The surname Starritt was first found in Ayrshire
(Gaelic: Siorrachd Inbhir Àir), formerly a county in the southwestern Strathclyde region of Scotland
, that today makes up the Council Areas of South, East, and North Ayrshire
, where they held a family seat
from very ancient times, some say before the Norman Conquest
Early History of the Starritt family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Starritt research.Another 210 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1341, 1698, and 1703 are included under the topic Early Starritt History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Starritt Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Stirrett, Stirett, Sterritt, Stirratt, Starratt, Starrat, Starret and many more.
Early Notables of the Starritt family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Starritt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Starritt family to Ireland
Some of the Starritt family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.Another 286 words (20 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Starritt family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Starritt Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Starritt, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1808 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Samuel Starritt, aged 58, who landed in America, in 1894
Starritt Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ruth Starritt, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Donegal, in 1904
- Maggie Starritt, aged 23, who landed in America from Malin, Ireland, in 1909
- David Starritt, aged 41, who emigrated to America from Greenock, Scotland, in 1922
- Webb A. Starritt, aged 35, who settled in America, in 1923
- Alexander Starritt, aged 9, who emigrated to the United States from Glasgow, Scotland, in 1924
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)