Null History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Today's Irish surnames are underpinned by a multitude of rich histories. The name Null originally appeared in Gaelic as Mac an Ultaigh, which is derived from Ultach, which means Ulsterman.
Early Origins of the Null family
The surname Null was first found in County Donegal (Irish: Dún na nGall), northwest Ireland in the province of Ulster, sometimes referred to as County Tyrconnel, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
Important Dates for the Null family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Null research. Another 82 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1800 and 1861 are included under the topic Early Null History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Null Spelling Variations
People who were accounted for by scribes and church officials often had their name recorded many different ways because pronunciation was the only guide those scribes and church officials had to go by. This resulted in the problem of one person's name being recorded under several different variations, creating the illusion of more than one person. Among the many spelling variations of the surname Null that are preserved in archival documents are McNulty, McAnulty, McNull and others.
Early Notables of the Null family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Null Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Null migration to Australia
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Null Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Honora Null, aged 17, who arrived in South Australia in 1849 aboard the ship "Elgin" 
- Honora Null, aged 17, who arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Elgin" in 1849 
Contemporary Notables of the name Null (post 1700)
- Jack D. Null, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Ohio 7th District, 2000 
- Edmund Null, American politician, Member of Minnesota State House of Representatives 1st District, 1878 
- Dennis L. Null, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Kentucky 1st District, 1996 
- D. Walter Null, American Democrat politician, Member of West Virginia State Senate 2nd District, 1933-34 
- Chester A. Null, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Oklahoma, 1948 
- Cecil Allen Null (1927-2001), American songwriter, best known for his song "I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know"
- Keith Null (b. 1985), American NFL football quarterback
- Unter Null (b. 1981), born Erika Dunham, American pianist and guitarist based in Portland, Oregon
- Christopher Null (b. 1971), American film critic and columnist, founder and editor in chief of Filmcritic.com
- Gary Michael Null (b. 1945), American talk radio host and author
You May Also Like
- ^ State Records of South Australia. (Retrieved 2010, November 5) ELGIN 1849. Retrieved from http://www.slsa.sa.gov.au/BSA/1849Elgin.htm
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, May 18) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html