Mckimmie History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Scottish name Mckimmie is an Anglicized form of the Gaelic Mac Shimidh, a patronymic from a Gaelic equivalent to the name Simon.
Early Origins of the Mckimmie family
The surname Mckimmie was first found in Tweedale in Peebles-shire. They are said to descend from a Norman family from Anjou, in the Seigneurie of La Frezeliere, where their name was Frezell, they were one of the many Norman families invited north by King David of Scotland, and were granted lands at Keith in East Lothian in 1160. The first chief to settle was named Simon Frazer, and his lands were called Keith Simon. Their stronghold was Oliver Castle on the Tweed.
Important Dates for the Mckimmie family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Mckimmie research. Another 234 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1333, 1542, 1550, 1586, 1590, 1609, 1662, 1641, 1658, 1708 and are included under the topic Early Mckimmie History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mckimmie Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: MacKimmie, Mackhimmie, MacShimmie, MacCammie, MacKymmie, MacKymmey, MacImmey, MacImmie, McKimmie, McShimmie, McCammie, McKynnie, McKymmey, McImmey and many more.
Early Notables of the Mckimmie family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Mckimmie Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Mckimmie family to Ireland
Some of the Mckimmie family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 84 words (6 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Mckimmie migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Mckimmie Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Mckimmie Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Alexander McKimmie, who settled in Georgia in 1735
Mckimmie Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- John McKimmie, aged 20, who settled in America from Crieff, in 1900
- Anderson McKimmie, who landed in America, in 1903
- Robert A. McKimmie, aged 26, who landed in America from London, England, in 1910
- David McKimmie, aged 40, who immigrated to the United States, in 1922
- Patrick McKimmie, aged 43, who immigrated to the United States, in 1922
Contemporary Notables of the name Mckimmie (post 1700)
- Robert McKimmie (b. 1952), American professional football player
- John M. McKimmie, American politician, Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates, 1895-96, 1915-16 
- Stewart McKimmie (b. 1962), Scottish former professional footballer
- Marnie McKimmie, Australian winner of the 1994 Arthur Lovekin Prize in Journalism
- Jackie McKimmie (b. 1950), Australian film writer, director, and producer
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html