Leonetti History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Leonetti family
The surname Leonetti was first found in Leon, where the name originated in Visigothic times. One of the first records of the surname was Moses de León (c. 1250-1305), a Spanish rabbi and Kabbalist who is thought of as the composer or redactor of the Zohar. And much later, most people know of Juan Ponce de León (1474-1521), the Spanish explorer and conquistador and his association with the legend of the Fountain of Youth.
Important Dates for the Leonetti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Leonetti research. Another 167 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1509, 1590, 1549, 1533, 1608, 1474, 1521, 1524, 1591, 1520, 1584, 1527, 1591, 1602, 1658, 1610, 1687, 1749 and 1830 are included under the topic Early Leonetti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Leonetti Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Leon, Leoni, Leone, Leonelli, Leonetti, Leonie and many more.
Early Notables of the Leonetti family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Pompeo Leoni of Madrid; Juan Ponce de León (1474-1521), Spanish explorer, 1st Governor of Puerto Rico, best associated with the legend of the Fountain of Youth; Juan Ponce de León II, (1524-1591), the 1st Puerto Rican to become acting governor of Puerto Rico; Pedro Ponce de Leon (1520-1584) a Spanish Benedictine monk who is...
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Leonetti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Leonetti family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Hernardo de Leon, his wife Maria Fernandez and their four children, who arrived in Peru in 1570; Francisco De Leon, his wife Ana Lopez and their two children, who arrived in New Spain in 1577.
Contemporary Notables of the name Leonetti (post 1700)
- Joe "Joey" Leonetti (b. 1970), American former soccer player who earned two caps with the U.S. national team in 1992 and 1996
- Tommy Leonetti (1929-1979), American pop singer-songwriter and actor active in the 1950s through the 1970s
- Melissa "Mel" Leonetti (b. 1982), American field hockey defender who played in the 2006 World Cup
- John Robert Leonetti A.S.C. (b. 1956), American cinematographer and film director, brother Matthew F. Leonetti
- Matthew F. Leonetti A.S.C. (b. 1941), American cinematographer
- Francesco Leonetti (1924-2017), Italian poet, novelist teacher and political activist
- Vito Leonetti (b. 1994), Italian footballer who plays for Bari
- Giovanni Battista Leonetti (d. 1830), Italian engraver
- Jean Leonetti (b. 1948), French politician, Member of the National Assembly of France