on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Hanington family come from? When did the Hanington family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hanington family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hannington, Hammington, Hanington, Haninton, Haminton, Hamigston, Hanyington, Hannyngton, Haninston and many more.
First found in Kent where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that county.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hanington research. Another 278 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1176, 1455, 1487, 1510, and 1600 are included under the topic Early Hanington History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Hanington Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hanington Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. William Hanington U.E. who settled in Moncton, New Brunswick c. 1785 married to Mary Derby
- Daniel Lionel Hanington (1921-1999), Canadian Rear Admiral who survived a torpedo attack by a German U-boat during the Battle of the Atlantic, and received the Distinguished Service Cross
- Bruce Hanington, Associate Professor and Chair of the Industrial Design Program at Carnegie Mellon University
- Kyla Hanington (b. 1973), Canadian writer
- James Hanington (b. 1983), Canadian politician and businessman
- Brian Hanington, Canadian writer
- Daniel Lionel Hanington (1839-1905), Canadian politician from New Brunswick
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
This page was last modified on 9 April 2015 at 09:16.
on orders of $85 or more