on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the French Grandy family come from? When did the Grandy family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Grandy family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Grondin, Grondian, Grondine, Grondan, Grandon, Grandin, Grandian and many more.
First found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where they held a family seat in the seigneurie of l'Eprevier. They were one of the leading aristocratic families of Normandy. They also branched to De Grondin, a village in the department of Gers in Aquitaine in the region of the midi-Pyrénées.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Grandy research. Another 96 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Grandy History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Grandy Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Grandy Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Jon Grandy, who landed in Virginia in 1635
Grandy Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Grandy, aged 22, arrived in Georgia in 1732
- Paul A. Grandy, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Rhode Island, 1948
- Frederick Lawrence Grandy (b. 1948), American Republican politician, U.S. Representative from Iowa, 1987-95; Candidate in primary for Governor of Iowa, 1994
- Elmer E. Grandy, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Indiana, 1916
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
This page was last modified on 2 February 2016 at 09:21.
on orders of $85 or more