on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: English, French
Where did the French Farrand family come from? What is the French Farrand family crest and coat of arms? When did the Farrand family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Farrand family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ferrand, Ferrant, Feran, Ferran, Farand, Farront, Le Ferrand, Le Feron, Le Farrand, Le Feran, Le Ferront, De Farront, Ferante and many more.
First found in Gascony (French: Gascogne), an area of southwest France bordering Spain, that was part of the "Province of Guyenne and Gascony" prior to the French Revolution, where the family held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Farrand research. Another 351 words (25 lines of text) covering the years 1356, 1456, 1496, 1535, 1627, 1672, 1700, 1705, 1740, and 1800 are included under the topic Early Farrand History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 24 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Farrand Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Farrand Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Nathaniel Farrand, who arrived in New York, NY in 1645
Farrand Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Andrew Farrand, who arrived in New England in 1718
- Thomas Farrand Jr., who landed in New England in 1720
Farrand Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Frederick Farrand, who landed in New York in 1846
- Edward Farrand arrived in Philadelphia in 1853
Farrand Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Esq. Jacob Farrand U.E. who settled in Eastern District, Cornwall, Ontario c. 1786
Farrand Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- William B. Farrand arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Gertrude" in 1863
- William R. Farrand (b. 1853), American Republican politician, Member of Michigan State House of Representatives from Wayne County 1st District, 1925-30; Defeated in primary, 1930
- Roy F. Farrand, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Wisconsin, 1948
- Robert William Farrand (b. 1934), American politician, U.S. Ambassador to Papua New Guinea, 1990-93; Solomon Islands, 1990-93; Vanuatu, 1990-93
- Katherine Farrand, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Iowa, 2008
- Richard S. Farrand (b. 1852), American Republican politician, Mayor of Dixon, Illinois, 1885; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Illinois, 1896; Probate judge in Illinois, 1900; Circuit Judge in Illinois 15th Circuit, 1919-20
- John W. Farrand, American politician, U.S. Vice Consul in Santo Domingo, 1884
- George E. Farrand (b. 1878), American Republican politician, Ventura County Clerk, 1900-07; Member, California Constitutional Commission, 1930
- George E. Farrand, American Democrat politician, New Hampshire State Treasurer, 1913-14, 1923-25; Candidate for U.S. Senator from New Hampshire, 1924
- Fairchild Farrand, American politician, Village President of Jackson, Michigan, 1855-56
- E. Kitchel Farrand, American politician, U.S. Vice Consul in Buenos Aires, 1924; Porto Alegre, 1926
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
The Farrand Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Farrand Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 April 2015 at 15:58.
on orders of $85 or more