100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
Arsenault History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Arsenault name comes from that Medieval landscape of northern France known as Normandy
. The name Arsenault was originally derived from a family having lived at Arcine, in the Canton of Haute- Savoie
Early Origins of the Arsenault family
The surname Arsenault was first found in Normandy
(French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy
, where this ancient family has held a family seat
since very early times.
Early History of the Arsenault family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arsenault research.Another 291 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1257, 1264, 1347, 1452, 1600, and 1657 are included under the topic Early Arsenault History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arsenault Spelling Variations
The many different spellings of French surnames can be partially explained by the use of local
dialects and by the influence of other languages during the early development of the French language. As a result of these linguistic and cultural influences, the name Arsenault is distinguished by a number of regional variations. The many spelling variations
of the name include Arsenault, Arsenaul, Arsenaulte, Arsenauld, Arsenaud, Arsenaut, Arsenot and many more.
Early Notables of the Arsenault family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Arsenault Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Arsenault family to the New World and Oceana
Immigration to New France was slow; therefore, early marriage was desperately encouraged amongst the immigrants. The fur trade attracted migrants, both noble and commoner. 15,000 explorers left Montreal in the late 17th and 18th centuries. By 1675, there were 7000 French in Quebec. By the same year the Acadian presence in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island had reached 500. In 1755, 10,000 French Acadians refused to take an oath of allegiance to England
and were deported to Louisiana. The French founded Lower Canada, thus becoming one of the two great founding nations of Canada. The distinguished family name Arsenault has made significant contributions to the culture, arts, sciences and religion of France and New France. Amongst the settlers in North America with this distinguished name Arsenault were
Arsenault Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Frances S. Arsenault, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1912
- S. Henri Adalsat Arsenault, aged 78, who emigrated to the United States from Lyon, France, in 1914
- Marie Arsenault, aged 23, who landed in America from Lyon, France, in 1919
- Anthony Arsenault, aged 35, who settled in America from Brookline, Massachusetts, in 1924
Arsenault Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Albert Arsenault, aged 27, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1912
- Alphonse Arsenault, aged 19, who settled in Montreal, Canada, in 1918
- Jules Arsenault, aged 57, who settled in Quebec, Canada, in 1920
- Edmond Arsenault, aged 43, who settled in Montreal, Canada, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Arsenault (post 1700)
- Samantha Arsenault (b. 1981), American gold medalist swimmer at the 2000 Summer Olympics
- Raymond Ostby Arsenault (b. 1948), American historian and academic
- Frank Arsenault (1919-1974), American percussionist, teacher and Educational Field Representative for the Ludwig Drum Company, best known for his recording of The 26 Standard American Drum Rudiments and Selected Solos
- Duncan Charles Arsenault (b. 1974), American drummer, known for his work with The Curtis Mayflower, The Curtain Society, Sam James and more
- Joseph Alfred Arsenault (1938-2007), American blues and jazz organ player
- Nelson Arsenault, American Democrat politician, Chair of Huron County Democratic Party, 2003 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Joseph Wilfred Arsenault (1953-2011), Canadian politician who represented Evangeline-Miscouche in the Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island from 2000 to 2007
- Télésphore Arsenault (1872-1964), Canadian politician, businessman and farmer, Member of the Canadian Parliament for Kent (1930-1935)
- Prosper A. Arsenault (1894-1987), Canadian educator and politician who represented 1st Prince in the Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island (1956 to 1959) and (1962 to 1970)
- Pierre Jean Arsenault (b. 1963), Canadian professional baseball scout for the Miami Marlins
- ... (Another 13 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Arsenault Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!