Zucco History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Zucco family
The surname Zucco was first found in Udine, a town in Venetia and capital of the province of Udine. An old walled city it dates back to early Roman times. There is an old castle (1517) in the center of the town which is now used as a museum and art gallery. The church of S.Maria della Purita is notable with many treasures. The town hall was built in 1448. It was the seat of the Italian command in WWI. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Zucco family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Zucco research. Another 127 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1254, 1320, 1460, 1862, 1541, 1590, 1692, 1764, 1663 and 1716 are included under the topic Early Zucco History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Zucco Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Zucchi, Zucco, Zucca, Zucchelli, Zuchello, Zucchetti, Zucchini, Zucchino, Zuccoli, Zuccolin, Zucconi, Zuccon, Zuccalli, Zuccardo, Zuccotto, Zuccante, Zuccatti and many more.
Early Notables of the Zucco family (pre 1700)
Another 48 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Zucco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Zucco migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Zucco Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joseph Zucco, who settled in Iowa sometime between 1866 and 1943
- Frank Zucco, who settled in Iowa sometime between 1866 and 1943
- Antonio Zucco, who arrived in Iowa sometime between 1866 and 1943
Contemporary Notables of the name Zucco (post 1700) +
- Donato B. Zucco, American politician, Mayor of Johnstown, Pennsylvania, 1998- 
- Alexandra K. Zucco, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2000 
- Cesar Zucco, Actor
- Laura Zucco, Producer
- Jocelyne Zucco, Actress
- George Zucco, Actor
Historic Events for the Zucco family +
- Mr. Mike Zucco (b. 1882), Slavic coal miner who was in mine 6 at the Monongah mine on 6th December 1907 when it exploded and collapsed; he died 
Related Stories +