Zorzi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Zorzi family
The surname Zorzi was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy. The two palaces in the Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Reale and the palace of the archbishops are notable. The city is rich in art, museums, galleries and sights. Castello Sforzesco stands in the Parco. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Zorzi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Zorzi research. Another 114 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1311, 1650, 1781, 1231, 1312, 1311, 1266, 1273, 1337, 1388, 1388, 1410, 1586 and 1662 are included under the topic Early Zorzi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Zorzi Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Giorgi, Giorio, Giori, Giuri, Zorzi, Zorzo, Jorio, Iorio, Di Giorgi, Della Zorza, Givrovich, Giorgino, Givrin, Givrico and many more.
Early Notables of the Zorzi family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Marino Zorzi (c. 1231-1312), born in Venice, the 50th doge of the Republic of Venice, from August 23, 1311 to his death; Bertolome Zorzi ( fl. 1266-1273), a Venetian nobleman, merchant, and troubadour...
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Zorzi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Zorzi family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Vincenzo DiGiorgio, who arrived at the Port of New York on 25 July 1896 aboard the S.S. Olympia, sailing from Naples, as well as Gius. Giorgio, who arrived in New York January 7.
Contemporary Notables of the name Zorzi (post 1700) +
- Veronica Zorzi (b. 1980), Italian professional golfer
- Angelo Zorzi (1890-1974), Italian two-time gold medalist gymnast at the 1912 Summer Olympics and the 1920 Summer Olympics
- Andrea Zorzi (b. 1965), Italian two-time gold and silver medalist volleyball player
- Renzo Zorzi (b. 1946), Italian former racing driver, active 1975 - 1977
- Cristian Zorzi (b. 1972), Italian two-time gold and silver medalist cross country skier
- Bruno Zorzi (b. 1937), former Australian rules footballer
- Giulio Zorzi (b. 1989), South African gold and bronze medalist swimmer
Related Stories +