Zook History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Zook family
The surname Zook was first found in Silesia, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later be associated with noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Zook family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Zook research. Another 181 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1440, 1509, 1649, 1716, 1719, 1729, 1745, 1773, 1789, 1793, and 1850 are included under the topic Early Zook History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Zook Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Zech, Zeche, Zechen, Zeck, Zecke, Zoch, Zoche, Zechau and many more.
Early Notables of the Zook family (pre 1700)
Another 43 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Zook Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Zook is the 3,272nd most popular surname with an estimated 9,948 people with that name. 
Zook migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Zook Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- J. Gus Zook, aged 55, who immigrated to America, in 1903
- Jacob G. Zook, aged 57, who landed in America, in 1904
- Charles A. B. Zook, aged 25, who immigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Amanda Zook, aged 28, who landed in America, in 1905
- Isaak Zook, aged 21, who landed in America from Grahamstonn, S. Africa, in 1905
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Zook (post 1700) +
- John Eldon Zook (1947-2020), American professional football player who was a defensive end for 12 seasons in the National Football League
- W. O. Zook, American Republican politician, Chair of Caldwell County Republican Party, 1949 
- J. Gust Zook, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1904 
- Harold Zook, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kansas, 1960 
- Donna M. Zook, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for Montana State House of Representatives 20th District, 2010 
- DeWitt W. Zook, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Maryland, 1944 
- George Frederick Zook (1885-1951), American educator, President of the University of Akron (1925 to 1933), U.S. Commissioner of Education (1933)
- Roscoe Harold Zook (1889-1949), American architect
- Ron Zook (b. 1954), American college football coach and former player
- Samuel Kosciuszko Zook (1821-1863), Union general during the American Civil War killed in action during the Battle of Gettysburg
Related Stories +