Zeitz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Zeitz family
The surname Zeitz was first found in Bohemia, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of this region from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation. Chronicles first mention Mitschke Zeitler of Bohemia in 1385, Maczke Czydeler of the Silesian city Liegnitz in 1387, Niclas Czedler of Glatz, Silesia, in 1403, and Pessko Czeydler of Glatz in 1418. In Old-German the name literally referred to the art and science of bee-keeping.
Early History of the Zeitz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Zeitz research. Another 127 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1617, 1789, 1657, 1706 and 1686 are included under the topic Early Zeitz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Zeitz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Zeidler, Zeidller, Zeideler, Zeitler (Austria), Zeidlerr and many more.
Early Notables of the Zeitz family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Zeitz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Zeitz is the 13,127th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Zeitz migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Zeitz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Nicklaus Zeitz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753 
- John Adam Zeitz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1773 
Zeitz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jac Zeitz, who landed in North America in 1832-1849 
- Catharina Zeitz, who arrived in New York, NY in 1847 
- Margaret Zeitz, aged 23, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- Nicolaus Zeitz, aged 27, who arrived in New York, NY in 1847 
- Jak Zeitz, who arrived in America in 1857 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Zeitz (post 1700) ||+|
- Paul Zeitz (b. 1958), American mathematician, Professor of Mathematics at the University of San Francisco
- Joshua Michael Zeitz (b. 1974), American historian, writer and politician
- Raymond Zeitz, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1948 
- Joshua M. Zeitz, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New Jersey 4th District, 2008 
- Manuel Zeitz (b. 1990), German footballer for FC Energie Cottbus
- Jochen Zeitz (b. 1963), German businessman, Director and Chairman of the board’s sustainable development committee of Kering, the French luxury goods holding company
- Christian Zeitz (b. 1980), German silver medalist handball player at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html