Zecca History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Zecca family
The surname Zecca was first found in Udine, a town in Venetia and capital of the province of Udine. An old walled city it dates back to early Roman times. There is an old castle (1517) in the center of the town which is now used as a museum and art gallery. The church of S.Maria della Purita is notable with many treasures. The town hall was built in 1448. It was the seat of the Italian command in WWI. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Zecca family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Zecca research. Another 127 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1254, 1320, 1460, 1862, 1541, 1590, 1692, 1764, 1663 and 1716 are included under the topic Early Zecca History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Zecca Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Zucchi, Zucco, Zucca, Zucchelli, Zuchello, Zucchetti, Zucchini, Zucchino, Zuccoli, Zuccolin, Zucconi, Zuccon, Zuccalli, Zuccardo, Zuccotto, Zuccante, Zuccatti and many more.
Early Notables of the Zecca family (pre 1700)
Another 48 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Zecca Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Zecca migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Zecca Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alfonso Zecca, who settled in Philadelphia in 1878
Zecca Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alfonso Zecca, aged 48, who immigrated to America from Calabitto, Italy, in 1907
- Antonio Zecca, aged 28, who settled in America from Sondrio, Italy, in 1909
- Angela Zecca, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States from Bedonia, Italy, in 1910
- Feliceroza Zecca, aged 37, who immigrated to the United States from Olevano, Italy, in 1910
- Francesco Zecca, aged 44, who immigrated to the United States from S. Marco Arg, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Zecca (post 1700) +
- Francesco Zecca, Italian actor, known for One Day in a Life (2008) and Inspector Nardone (2012)
- Eloy Zecca (b. 1979), Italian camera operator, known for his work on That Sugar Film (2014) and The Man Slave (2015)
- Jean-Michel Zecca (b. 1968), Belgian-Italian presenter of Belgian television
- Adriano Zecca (1923-1983), Italian professional football player and coach, active from 1941 to 1972
- Alfredo Horacio Zecca (1949-2022), Argentine prelate of the Roman Catholic Church, Archbishop of Tucumán from 2011 to 2017
- Ferdinand Zecca (1864-1947), French film director, film producer, actor and screenwriter
Related Stories +