on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Yount family come from? What is the English Yount family crest and coat of arms? When did the Yount family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Yount family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Yount, Yvount, Yvounet, Yound and others.
First found in Middlesex where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held lands.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Yount research. Another 256 words(18 lines of text) covering the years 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Yount History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Yount Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Yount Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Yount, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
- Ducky Yount (1885-1970), American professional MLB baseball player
- Larry Yount (b. 1950), American professional baseball player
- Miles Franklin Yount (1880-1933), American oil baron
- Robin Yount (b. 1955), American professional MLB baseball player
- Harry Yount (1837-1924), American mountain man; first park ranger of Yellowstone National Park
- Robin Yount (b. 1955), Major League Baseball player
- A Brief Sketch of the Origin of the Yount Family in America by William Calvin Yount.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
The Yount Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Yount Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 August 2012 at 16:57.
on orders of $85 or more