on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Younghusband family come from? What is the English Younghusband family crest and coat of arms? When did the Younghusband family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Younghusband family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Younghusband, Yunghusband, Yungbond, Yongebond and many more.
First found in Worcestershire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1275 when the held lands.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Younghusband research. Another 159 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Younghusband History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Younghusband Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Younghusband Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- John Younghusband Jr., English convict from York, who was transported aboard the "Andromeda" on October 16, 1826, settling in Van Diemen's Land, Australia
- James Younghusband (b. 1986), English-Filipino football player
- Philip James Placer "Phil" Younghusband (b. 1987), English football striker who plays for the Philippines national team
- Dame Eileen Louise Younghusband DBE (1902-1981), English social researcher, daughter of Sir Francis Younghusband
- Lieutneant Colonel Sir Francis Edward Younghusband KCSI, KCIE (1863-1942), British Army officer, explorer, and spiritualist who led the 1904 British expedition to Tibet, President of the Royal Geographical Society
- Andrew Younghusband (b. 1971), Canadian television personality, writer and journalist
- William Younghusband (1819-1863), Australian businessman, one of the promoters of the Murray River Steam Navigation Company in 1853
- Lieutenant-General Charles Wright Younghusband CB FRS, (1821-1899), British Army officer and meteorologist who worked mainly in Canada, Director of the Magnetic Observatory in Toronto (1841-1844), uncle of Sir Francis Younghusband
- Adela Mary Younghusband (1878-1969), New Zealand artist, art teacher and photographer
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
The Younghusband Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Younghusband Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 November 2014 at 09:43.
on orders of $85 or more