on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Youd family come from? What is the German Youd family crest and coat of arms? When did the Youd family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Youd family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Uhden, Yewden, Youden, Yuden, Yudin, Uhdin, Youdin, Yewdin, Uhde, Youd, Yude, Yewd and many more.
First found in Prussia, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation. In more recent years the family held a family seat in Berlin.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Youd research. Another 215 words(15 lines of text) covering the year 1871 is included under the topic Early Youd History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Youd Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Youd Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- F. M. Youd, aged 31, who arrived in America from London, in 1897
Youd Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Frederick Youd, aged 27, who arrived in America, in 1918
- Wilfred Youd, aged 25, who arrived in America, in 1918
- Sarah C. Youd, aged 66, who arrived in America from London, England, in 1919
- Theresa Youd, aged 35, who arrived in America from Blackburn, England, in 1921
- Ada Gertrude Youd, aged 28, who arrived in America from Egremont, England, in 1921
- T. Leslie Youd, American geotechnical engineer and earthquake engineer
- Sam Youd (1922-2012), known as Christopher Samuel Youd, a British writer, best known for science fiction under the pseudonym John Christopher
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
The Youd Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Youd Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 July 2014 at 15:12.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more