on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Youd family come from? What is the German Youd family crest and coat of arms? When did the Youd family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Youd family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Uhden, Yewden, Youden, Yuden, Yudin, Uhdin, Youdin, Yewdin, Uhde, Youd, Yude, Yewd and many more.
First found in Prussia, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation. In more recent years the family held a family seat in Berlin.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Youd research. Another 215 words(15 lines of text) covering the year 1871 is included under the topic Early Youd History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Youd Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Youd Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- F. M. Youd, aged 31, who arrived in America from London, in 1897
Youd Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Frederick Youd, aged 27, who arrived in America, in 1918
- Wilfred Youd, aged 25, who arrived in America, in 1918
- Sarah C. Youd, aged 66, who arrived in America from London, England, in 1919
- Theresa Youd, aged 35, who arrived in America from Blackburn, England, in 1921
- Ada Gertrude Youd, aged 28, who arrived in America from Egremont, England, in 1921
- T. Leslie Youd, American geotechnical engineer and earthquake engineer
- Sam Youd (1922-2012), known as Christopher Samuel Youd, a British writer, best known for science fiction under the pseudonym John Christopher
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
The Youd Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Youd Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 July 2014 at 15:12.
on orders of $85 or more