on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Wooden family come from? What is the English Wooden family crest and coat of arms? When did the Wooden family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Wooden family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Woodham, Wodam, Wodham and others.
First found in Cornwall where they held a family seat from very ancient times, at Catherston, before and after the Norman Conquest of 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wooden research. Another 107 words(8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Wooden History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Wooden Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Wooden Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Mary Wooden, who arrived in Maryland in 1663
Wooden Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Peter Wooden, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Miss Wooden, aged 23, who settled in America, in 1893
- Robert J. Wooden, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
Wooden Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- S. Wooden, who landed in America, in 1904
- H.S. Wooden, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1905
- Stewart L. Wooden, aged 32, who emigrated to America, in 1917
- Warren Wooden, aged 35, who landed in America, in 1923
- Ben Wooden, aged 20, who settled in America, in 1923
Wooden Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- John Wooden, who landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1749-1752
Wooden Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Thomas Wooden, who arrived in Canada in 1830
- John Robert Wooden (b. 1910), retired American NCAA basketball coach and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Shawn Wooden (b. 1973), American NFL football safety
- Charles Wooden (1827-1875), German recipient of the Victoria Cross
- Josh Wooden (b. 1978), Australian rules footballer
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Wooden Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wooden Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 25 September 2014 at 18:10.
on orders of $85 or more