on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the English Wodam family come from? What is the English Wodam family crest and coat of arms? When did the Wodam family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Wodam family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Woodham, Wodam, Wodham and others.
First found in Cornwall where they held a family seat from very ancient times, at Catherston, before and after the Norman Conquest of 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Wodam research. Another 107 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Wodam History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Wodam Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: George Woodham arrived in New England in 1773; Richard Woodham arrived in New England in 1718; William Woodham arrived in New York in 1820.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Library of Congress. American and English Genealogies in the Library of Congress. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1967. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
The Wodam Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Wodam Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 February 2014 at 13:50.
on orders of $85 or more