on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Willdigg family come from? What is the English Willdigg family crest and coat of arms? When did the Willdigg family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Willdigg family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Wilding, Wildigge, Wylding and others.
First found in Staffordshire, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, before and after the Norman Conquest of 1066.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Willdigg research. Another 125 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 164 and 1640 are included under the topic Early Willdigg History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Willdigg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Thomas Wilding settled in Virginia in 1698; August Wilding arrived in New York State in 1879.
- Patrick Gerald "Pat" Willdigg (b. 1932), English footballer who played from 1950 to 1956 for Port Vale
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Hitching, F.K and S. Hitching. References to English Surnames in 1601-1602. Walton On Thames: 1910. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0181-3).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
The Willdigg Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Willdigg Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 September 2014 at 08:21.
on orders of $85 or more