Weigle History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Weigle family
The surname Weigle was first found in Silesia, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence in northern Germany, and would become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Weigle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Weigle research. Another 144 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1533, 1588, 1625, 1699, 1766, 1786, 1812, 1838, 1844, 1846, and 1849 are included under the topic Early Weigle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Weigle Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Weigel, Weigell, Weigle, Weigl, Weighel, Weighelt, Weigelt, Weigels, Weigele, Weigeler, Weigelsberg and many more.
Early Notables of the Weigle family (pre 1700)
Notables of the period with the surname Weigle were Erhard Weigel (1625-1699), German mathematician, astronomer and philosopher; Valentin Weigel (1533-1588), from Saxony, who was a highly influential religious mystic and pastor. Joseph Weigl (1766-1846)...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Weigle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Weigle is the 15,015th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Weigle migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Weigle Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Christr Weigle, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1764 
Weigle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Peter Weigle, who landed in Iowa in 1833 
- Ludwig Weigle, who landed in Philadelphia in 1840
- Abraham Weigle, aged 35, who landed in St Louis, Missouri in 1840 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Weigle (post 1700) ||+|
- George J. Weigle, American member of the Wisconsin State Senate
- Mark Weigle (b. 1967), American singer/songwriter
- Douglas Kent Weigle (b. 1955), American ice dancer
- Richard Weigle (b. 1912), prominent American educational administrator
- George J. Weigle (b. 1871), American Republican politician, Druggist; Secretary-treasurer, American Malted Food Company; Member of Wisconsin State Senate 5th District, 1911-14 
- Gottfried Weigle (1816-1855), German missionary to Karnataka
- Jörg-Peter Weigle (b. 1953), German conductor and music professor
- Jean-Jacques Weigle (1901-1968), Swiss molecular biologist
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 14) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html