100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Spelling variations of this family name include: Weidner, Weedner, Wedener, Wiedener and others.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power. They held a family seat at Nuremburg.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Weidner research. Another 148 words (11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Weidner History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Weidner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Weidner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Dichius Weidner, who settled there in 1729
- Hans Wilhelm Weidner, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1747
- Philip Jacob Weidner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1751
- Henrich Weidner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1752
- Christoph Weidner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
Weidner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Clara Weidner, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Julius Weidner, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Moritz Weidner, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Joseph Weidner, who landed in Indiana in 1852
- Mathias Weidner, who arrived in North America in 1863
Weidner Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Emil Weidner, aged 3, arrived in New York, NY in 1906
- Andreas Weidner, who landed in New York, NY in 1906
- Christian Weidner, aged 36, arrived in New York, NY in 1906
- Leontius Weidner, aged 11, arrived in New York, NY in 1906
- Otilia Weidner, aged 8, arrived in New York, NY in 1906
- Lynn H. Weidner, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Nevada, 2008
- LeRoy A. Weidner, American Republican politician, Member of Pennsylvania State House of Representatives from Berks County 2nd District; Elected 1954, 1960
- George E. Weidner, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kentucky, 1972; Candidate in primary for Kentucky State Senate 24th District, 1973
- Don Weidner, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Florida 3rd District, 1992
- David A. Weidner, American politician, Representative from Michigan 10th District, 1992
- Daniel Weidner, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Wisconsin, 2004
- Stephan Weidner (b. 1963), head of the German hard-rock band Böhse Onkelz
- Johan Hendrik Weidner (1912-1994), Belgian World War II resistance fighter
- Gabrielle Weidner (1914-1945), Belgian World War II heroine
- Brant Weidner (b. 1960), former NBA player for the San Antonio Spurs
- Heinrich Weidner, 1717-1792, Catharina Mull Weidner, 1733-1804: Through Four Generation by Anne Williams McAllister.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
The Weidner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Weidner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 October 2015 at 09:38.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!