Early Origins of the Visco family
The surname Visco was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy
. The two palaces in the Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Reale and the palace of the archbishops are notable. The city is rich in art, museums, galleries and sights. Castello Sforzesco stands in the Parco. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Visco family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Visco research.Another 191 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1447, 1402, 1277, 1328, 1322, 1327, 1302, 1339, 1329, 1351, 1402, 1395, 1361, 1404, 1277, 1447, 1402, 1404, 1404, 1388, 1412, 1366, 1404, 1364, 1405, 1368, 1408, 1346, 1413, 1385, 1404, 1412, 1711, 1352, 1414, 1617, 1693, 1681 and 1693 are included under the topic Early Visco History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Visco Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Visconte, Visconti, Bisconti, Viceconte, Viceconti, Viseconte, Viscont and many more.
Early Notables of the Visco family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Galeazzo I Visconti (1277-1328), Lord of Milan from 1322 to 1327; and his son, Azzone Visconti (1302–1339), Lord of Milan from 1329 until his death; Gian Galeazzo Visconti (1351-1402), the first Duke of Milan (1395), ruled the late-medieval city just before... Another 471 words (34 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Visco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Visco family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Visco Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio Visco, who settled in Charles Town [Charleston], South Carolina in 1824
Visco Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Francesco fu V. visco, aged 32, who emigrated to the United States from Collia Valturno, in 1900
- Antonio Visco, aged 41, who emigrated to the United States from Sandonato, Caserta, in 1909
- Filippo Visco, aged 17, who emigrated to the United States from Barcellona, Messina, in 1909
- Angelantonio Visco, aged 35, who emigrated to the United States from S.Donato, Caserta, in 1909
- Alberto Visco, aged 0, who landed in America from Collsal Vol., Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Visco (post 1700)
- Vincenzo Alfonso Visco (b. 1942), Italian politician and economist, Treasury Minister from 2000 to 2001