Vides History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name comes from the Latin word "vita," meaning "life."
Early Origins of the Vides family
The surname Vides was first found in Treviso, anciently known as Tarvisium, a town in Venetia, capital of the province of Treviso. The cathedral of San Pietro is notable and dates back to 1141. It is in the classical style with seven domes, and houses works by many notable painters and sculptors. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Vides family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vides research. Another 121 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1290, 1848, 1489, 1458, 1502, 1469, 1523, 1508, 1513, 1610, 1681, 1652, 1660, 1632, 1692, 1753 and 1824 are included under the topic Early Vides History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vides Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Viti, Vito, Vit, Vitti, Biti, Bitti, Bitto, Vidi, Vido, Vio, Vitelli, Vitello, Vitiello, Vitulli, Vittozzo, Vitone, Vitoni, Bittolo, Bittini, Bitelli, Vidolo, Vitangelo, Vilotti, Vidossi and many more.
Early Notables of the Vides family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Cornelio Vitelli ( fl. 1489), Italian scholar, born of a noble family at Corneto in the Romagna. 
Vitellozzo Vitelli (c.1458-1502) was an Italian condottiero, Lord of Montone, Città di Castello, Monterchi and Anghiari; Timoteo Viti (1469-1523), was an Italian Renaissance painter closely associated with Raphael from...
Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Vides Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Vides is the 13,889th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Vides migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vides Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mumet Vides, aged 25, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1827 
- Janes Vides, aged 28, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
Related Stories +
- ^ Smith, George (ed), Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co., 1885-1900. Print
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)