Early Origins of the Versace family
The surname Versace was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Dijonnais and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Versace family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Versace research.Another 144 words (10 lines of text) covering the year 1702 is included under the topic Early Versace History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Versace Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Veirs, Vers, Veires, Fers, Fehrs, Feirs, Vehrs, Viers, Veirz, Feirz, Verz, Vair, Vairs, Veurs, Vayers, Vayres, Feuers, Veirz, Veurz and many more.
Early Notables of the Versace family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Versace Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Versace family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Andreas Fehr, who came to America in 1738; Christoph Vers, who settled in America in 1785; Joseph Veires, who settled in New York, NY in 1822; J. Fers, who settled in New Orleans in 1850.
Contemporary Notables of the name Versace (post 1700)
- Richard Patrick "Dick" Versace (b. 1940), American former basketball coach and executive from Fort Bragg, North Carolina
- Alfredo Versace (b. 1969), Italian professional bridge player
- Captain Humbert Roque "Rocky" Versace (1937-1965), United States Army officer who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroic actions while a prisoner of war (POW) during the Vietnam War
- Santo Domenico Versace (b. 1944), Italian businessman who is the president and co-chief executive officer of Gianni Versace SpA
- Donatella Francesca Versace (b. 1955), Italian fashion designer and current vice president of the Versace Group
- Giovanni Maria Versace (1946-1997), Italian fashion designer and founder of Versace, an international fashion house