Verheul History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Verheul family
The surname Verheul was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in South Holland, a province of Holland, the most crowded province of the Netherlands. The principal cities are Rotterdam, Leyden and Shiedam. Noted is the famed castle of Teilengen where Jacqueline of Bavaria is buried. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Verheul family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Verheul research. Another 100 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1663, 1702, 1840, 1879, 1600, 1684, 1573, 1609, 1607, 1612, 1645, 1710 and 1672 are included under the topic Early Verheul History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Verheul Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Voorhout, Voorhoeve, Vorhout, Vorhauser, Verheul, Verhoeff, Verhooch, Verhooft, Verhoog and many more.
Early Notables of the Verheul family (pre 1700)
From this era of Dutch history, those of this who distinguished themselves included Steven Van Voorhees (1600-1684), an early Dutch settler to America, patriarch of the Voorhees family line and namesakes, founder of the Dutch Reformed Church in present day Flatlands, Brooklyn. Pieter Willemsz. Verhoeff (c. 1573-1609) was...
Another 48 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Verheul Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In Netherlands, the name Verheul is the 516th most popular surname with an estimated 3,373 people with that name. 
Verheul migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Verheul Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Kryn Verheul, who arrived in America sometime between 1846 and 1847
- Johannes Verheul, who settled in America sometime between 1846 and 1847
- Arie Verheul, who landed in America in 1846-1847 
- Jansje Verheul, who arrived in America in 1846-1847 
- Johannes Verheul, who landed in America in 1846-1847 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Verheul (post 1700) +
- Jan Verheul (1860-1948), Dutch architect, watercolourist and designer, born in Rotterdam
Related Stories +
- ^ https://forebears.io/netherlands/surnames
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)