100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Vasquez family come from? What is the Spanish Vasquez family crest and coat of arms? When did the Vasquez family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Vasquez family history?In Spain, the earliest forms of hereditary surnames were patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. The patronymic Vasquez is such a name, having been derived from the medieval given name Velasco. This name was in turn derived from the Basque word "bela," which means "crow," and the diminutive suffix sko.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Blas, Blasco, Blásquez, Blasquez, Velázquez, Velazquez, Vásquez, Vasquez, Vázquez, Vazquez, Velasco, Vélez, Velez, Velasquez and many more.
First found in Castile, where the name originated in Visigothic times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vasquez research. Another 141 words(10 lines of text) covering the year 1110 is included under the topic Early Vasquez History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 121 words(9 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Vasquez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vasquez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- D Vasquez, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Domingo Vasquez, aged 40, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Francisco Vasquez, aged 30, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- I Vasquez, aged 38, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Jose Vasquez, aged 43, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
Vasquez Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Agiulino Vasquez, aged 28, who arrived in America from Merida, Mexico, in 1907
- Delio Vasquez, aged 0, who arrived in America from La Linea, Spain, in 1907
- Antonio Vasquez, aged 20, who arrived in America from Panama, Panama, in 1909
- E. Jose Vasquez, aged 31, who arrived in America from Cambre, Spain, in 1910
- Adele Vasquez, aged 30, who arrived in America from Baracelona, Spain, in 1911
- Eric Vasquez (b. 1982), American soccer player
- Joseph B. "Joe" Vasquez (1962-1995), American independent film maker
- Randy Vasquez (b. 1961), American actor
- Roberta Vasquez (b. 1963), American model and B-movie actress
- Pierre Luis Vasquez (1798-1868), American mountain man and trader
- Gaddi Holguin Vasquez (b. 1955), the 8th United States Ambassador to the United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture Dept
- Jacinto Vásquez (b. 1944), retired American Hall of Fame thoroughbred jockey
- Virgil Matthew Vasquez (b. 1982), American Major League Baseball right-handed pitcher
- Martin Vasquez (b. 1963), Mexican-born American former professional soccer player
- Jhonen Vasquez (b. 1974), American comic book writer, cartoonist and music video director
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
The Vasquez Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Vasquez Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 May 2015 at 15:52.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!