Early Origins of the Vanoni family
The surname Vanoni was first found in Udine, a town in Venetia and capital of the province of Udine. An old walled city it dates back to early Roman times. There is an old castle (1517) in the center of the town which is now used as a museum and art gallery. The church of S. Maria della Purita is notable with many treasures. The town hall was built in 1448. It was the seat of the Italian command in WWI. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Vanoni family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Vanoni research.Another 253 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1287, 1599, 1733, 1803, 1563, 1610, 1590, 1657, 1585, 1643, 1413 and 1495 are included under the topic Early Vanoni History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Vanoni Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Vanni, Vannelli, Vannello, Vannella, Vanelli, Vannetti, Vannini, Vanini, Vanin, Vannoli, Vanoli, Vannocci, Vannozzi, Vannotti, Vannucci, Vannuccini, Vannuzzi, Vannoni, Vannacci and many more.
Early Notables of the Vanoni family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Francesco Vanni (1563-1610), an Italian painter of the Mannerist style, active in Rome and his native city of Siena; and his son Raffaello Vanni (1590-1657), an Italian painter of the Baroque. Ottavio Vannini (1585-c. 1643)... Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Vanoni Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Vanoni family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Vanoni Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Constanino Vanoni, who arrived in America in 1842
- Robert Vanoni, who arrived in California in 1879
- Frederick Vanoni, who settled in Illinois in 1890
Vanoni Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Felice Vanoni, who settled in California in 1902
- Battista Vanoni, who settled in California in 1902
Contemporary Notables of the name Vanoni (post 1700)
- Ezio Vanoni, Italian politician, Minister of the Treasury in the 1950s
- Ornella Vanoni OMRI (b. 1934), Italian Golden Goblet Award winning singer and actress, known for her work on Ocean's Twelve (2004), The Consequences of Love (2004), and The Last Kiss (2001)
- Giovanni Antonio Vanoni (1810-1886), Swiss painter, best known for his murals in the Church of S. Vittore in Muralto done in 1857